We are looking for an eager and hardworking person to come and join the team at Brinkworth Diary. Day to day duties will include the making of cheese, butter, yoghurts, ice cream, milk and cream. Alongside this you will be expected to attend and sell produce at farmers markets and other similar events. You will need to understand health and safety regulations and uphold the legal requirements needed throughout the production process, ensuring you adhere to the stringent quality control procedures in place on the dairy.
Day to Day Activities:
- Being trained to make cheese; ripening, piercing, waxing, salting and turning
- Making butter
- Making yogurt
- Making ice cream
- Preparing cheese for markets and stocktaking.
- Cleaning and sterilising at every stage of task undertaken including washing up
- Follow procedures to create high standard of product by Health & Safety legislation
- Temperature recording
- Co-ordinating milk bottling
- Pasteurising milk and processing for bottling.
- Extracting and potting cream
- Attending farmers markets to sell Brinkworth Dairy products.
About the Candidate:
We are looking for an individual who is physically fit (on occasions heavy lifting may be involved), has good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Holder of a full clean driving licence
- Educated to GCSE Maths, English and Science (or equivalent)
Hardworking, dedicated, able to cope with early mornings. Hygienic, careful, strong, honest, with the ability to work independently and under direction.
- You are punctual and friendly and demonstrate a positive professional attitude
- You take pride in your own work and that of your team members
- You understand who your customers are and why they matter
- You are willing to go the extra mile for customers and act upon their feedback
- You are trustworthy and reliable
- You seek to learn from your colleagues and Manager/Supervisor
- You review your own performance and ask for feedback to learn and improve
- You work safely to maintain the health of both yourself and others
- You use your initiative to solve problems and inform others when you are aware of potential issues
- You acknowledge when you make mistakes and take responsibility for addressing and correcting them
- You appropriately challenge assumptions and unhelpful behaviour
- You work together with colleagues and customers and take the time to build effective and rational working relationships
- You celebrate team successes and create a positive team spirit
- You work well with people who have different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
- You share skills and knowledge and encourage and support others in applying their ideas to work – helping others to help
- You encourage working together for the benefit of customers.
- You live the company’s values and lead by example in demonstrating company behaviours, inspiring colleagues to follow your example.
- You have a drive for results and show courage when things don’t go to plan
- You are compassionate, caring and empathetic to both colleagues and customers
- You enable leadership by engaging and seeking guidance from others on personal, team, organisational and community activities.
- You use, to full advantage, the available information systems and procedures when working to achieve outcomes
- You are open to new ideas and suggestions and speak up when you see a better way
- You communicate relevant information regularly and effectively
You change your communication style to best meet the needs of the audience and regularly check that there is a mutual understanding.
Trust and Respect:
- You take the time to build effective relationships with customers, managers, and colleagues
- You are respectful and considerate
- You understand how your behaviours can be interpreted and consider the impact you have on others.
- Early mornings, markets outdoors in all weathers, work at weekends.
- Weekly required to work safely with respiratory or skin irritants (COSHH)
£10 per hour
Monday to Thursday (producing produce) and alternate weekends at the farmers markets
Job for life in this expanding exciting business.
Hill End Farm, Brinkworth, Chippenham, Wilts, SN155AZ
In order to apply for this position please send your CV with a covering letter why you should be considered for the position to email@example.com.